Senior Engineer, Geomatics, Building and Infrastructure
Job no: 2003691
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Internship opportunities and a meaningful career await you.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg. You may also email us at email@example.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to careers.
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Building and Infrastructure (BI) Programme Centre where you will work with multi-disciplinary teams within BI and other Programme Centres, to shape and enhance the critical edge of our defence facilities to support SAF operational needs.
You will manage land survey term contracts, provide technical advice and support to the various PMT and users within the organization for all land survey and mapping needs.
This role will require you to:
- Prepare and update of technical specifications required for land survey works.
- Provide technical support/consultancy to project teams and users in formulating land survey requirement and customising land survey specifications
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and alignment to national policy
- Manage and administer land survey period contracts which includes a suite of land surveying services. This include coordinating land survey needs across projects, projecting demands, calling tender, renewing contracts and conducting QA/QC to ensure that land survey requirements are met.
- Develop and enhance existing systems for the management and sharing of land survey data bases or geospatial data
- Create various geomatics and geospatial products using data from various sources
- Keep a close technology watch, evaluate new mapping software, surveying and geospatial technology in the market for potential applications within the organisation
- Tertiary qualification in preferably Land Surveying or Geomatics or Geospatial Sciences.
- Proficient in wide range of surveying techniques/technology and geospatial tools including total stations, GPS, GIS, Lidar, photogrammetry, cartography. This also includes knowledge of various survey such as boundary, cadastral, topographic, hydrographic, construction/engineering and geodetic.
- Experiences with CAD software and geospatial software including GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS.
- Good team player with good analytical and communication skills
- Dynamic, passionate and self-motivated
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now