Senior Engineer/Engineer, Building and Infrastructure
Job no: 2003690
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Building and Infrastructure (BI) Programme Centre where you will work with multi-disciplinary teams within BI and other Programme Centres, to shape and enhance the critical edge of our defence facilities to support SAF operational needs.
You will plan, design and manage the construction of defence facilities for both conventional and protected facilities; and work on a range of electrical or civil and structural infrastructure systems such as building services, power network planning, power distribution systems, renewable energy, CCTV system or foundation, earthworks, drainage, airfield and various building typology respectively
This role will require you to:
- Conduct front end studies and engineering planning to develop infrastructure masterplan that support SAF’s operational requirement
- Work with relevant authorities on preliminary design and seek buy-in to ensure subsequent successful implementation of projects
- Design, integrate, develop preliminary and detailed designs for building and infrastructure works
- Prepare technical specifications, tender documents to support tender and contracting
- Manage projects including design review, value engineering and progress review to ensure that the performance, cost and schedule of projects are met
- Conduct technology horizon scanning, technical assessment for potential project insertion that promote sustainability, construction productivity and safety
- Tertiary qualification in Civil and Structural Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and engineering software such as Autodesk Revit, MS Project
- Keen interest in programming and digital skills e.g. Data analytics
- Good team player with good analytical and communication skills
- Dynamic, Passionate and self-motivated
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now