Senior Manager (Building and Facilities)
Job no: 2003663
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
Categories: Corporate Planning and Services
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of engineering, digital transformation and cybersecurity.
DSTA Corporate forms the backbone of the organisation, driving initiatives that provide strategic vision, support and synergy for continued growth and relevance. We offer exciting and meaningful careers in our Corporate domains covering Human Resource, Corporate Planning and Services, and Corporate Communications.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your expertise and hone your competencies in our diverse career offerings. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with nurturing mentors, like-minded colleagues, and collaborate with global industry experts.
We are looking for an individual who has the passion for continuous improvement and the drive to achieve a high standard of quality service to join our Building & Facilities team, in particular to provide deep technical expertise to oversee the “hard” facilities management aspects. You can look forward to an exciting and challenging role in creating and maintaining a modern, technologically advanced and fun-filled facility.
- Oversee and manage the day to day facilities maintenance and operations of DSTA premises including liaising and collaborating with DSTA and external entities.
- Provide technical expertise in overseeing the “hard” facilities management aspects, including maintenance of the building’s mechanical and electrical systems.
- Drive innovation and green initiatives to create and sustain an efficient, positive and safe work environment
- Promulgate guidelines, implement processes and operationalise initiatives in ensuring a hygienic, safe and conducive working environment.
- Source, evaluate and establish contracts for Facilities Maintenance and Management of DSTA premises.
- Plan and manage the annual budget for Facilities Maintenance, strategising expenditure and savings.
- Prepare strategic proposals and reports for facility enhancements and sustainability.
- Keep abreast of the policies and governance on estate and facilities maintenance management, space management and workplace safety.
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant Facilities Management discipline
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in equipment maintenance and facilities management
- Strong knowledge and competency in mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance and facilities management
- Have a good understanding of benchmarks, guidelines, statutory requirement and Singapore Standards/Code of Practice in relation to building matters
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now