Software Engineer (Intelligence Analysis Applications Development)
Job no: 2003660
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg.
DSTA’s Information Programme Centre (Info PC) develops software solutions to harness information to enhance SAF’s capabilities on the battlefield to fight smarter and faster. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us to develop data driven applications in the military intelligence domain. The selected applicant will build image and signals analysis applications for early warning and real-time threat detection.
The role will require you to:
- Translate use cases into solution designs or technical specifications.
- Design applications to process and analyse satellite/airborne imagery and radio frequency signals for derivation of intelligence.
- Continuously develop and improve software applications to enhance users’ experience in achieving mission objectives.
- Work closely with other supporting teams in area of infrastructure and cybersecurity for project delivery.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field such as Electrical Engineering.
- Software engineering experience in Java, C++ or another object-oriented language.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in GIT source code control.
- Fluent in software design, code modularity and maintainability.
- Experience in one of more of the following:
- PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Containerisation technologies e.g. Docker
- Microservices architecture
- Stream processing technologies e.g. Kafka
- Geospatial technologies from Luciad and ESRI
- Applied Machine Learning for Computer Vision and/or Signal
Why join us
As a Software Engineer for Intelligence Analysis applications, you have the freedom and technical autonomy to build the technologies required to solve real world problems. You will have the opportunity to take on the challenge of building algorithms that will help us understand potential adversaries to Singapore and the software you develop will have lasting impact on our nation’s long term defence and security. Here in DSTA, you will work with modern tech stacks and grow in your technical abilities as you learn from experienced mentors in the Information Programme Centre community.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now