Software Engineer (Data Services and Applications)
Job no: 2003659
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg.
DSTA’s Information Programme Centre develops and delivers solutions to defend Singapore’s Digital Space. These solutions support critical 24/7 operations through the collection, aggregation and dissemination of data from various systems. We are looking for motivated individuals to implement these automated data services, as well as develop specialised solutions that will ensure the efficiency,
robustness and availability of these services.
The role will require you to:
- Develop data pipelines designed to efficiently collect, aggregate and disseminate data to and from various systems
- Develop algorithms to automatically detect and address issues with these data pipelines
- Design, document and implement APIs that will expose aggregated data to various data consumers
- Collaborate with various data producers and consumers to understand their requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant technical experience.
- Software engineering experience in Java, C++ or another object-oriented language.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in GIT source code control.
- Fluent in software design, code modularity and maintainability.
- Understanding of basic computer networking
- Experience in one of more of the following:
- Containerisation technologies e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Stream processing technologies e.g. Kafka
- Database technologies e.g. ElasticSearch, MS SQL
- Software design and development in a test-driven environment (e.g. Parasoft, Fortifiy, Webinspect)
- Basic Linux scripting (in Bash or Shell)
Why Join Us
As a software engineer for Data Services applications, you have the freedom and technical autonomy to build the technologies required to solve real world problems. You will have the opportunity to develop robust, secure data pipelines that that will ensure have those defending our nation will have access to the information they need at all times. Here in DSTA, you will work with modern tech stacks and grow in your technical abilities as you learn from experienced mentors in the Information Programme Centre communty.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now