Software Engineer (Big Data Analysis Applications)
Job no: 2003658
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg.
DSTA’s Information Programme Centre (Info PC) develops software solutions to enhance Intelligence capabilities for counter terrorism and national security issues. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us to develop scalable software solutions to support intelligence analysis.
The successful applicant will work directly with Intelligence Agencies to build analytics applications that operate on large data
sets from various sources for real-time threat detection. The role will require you to:
- Translate business requirements into solution designs or technical specifications
- Design, develop and test applications which process and analyse big data
- Deploy, maintain and continuously improve software applications, including application roll-out, user trainings, and system monitoring.
- Work closely with other supporting teams (e.g. infrastructure team) in the course of project delivery.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant technical experience
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skill
- Fluent in GIT source code control.
- Fluent in software design, code modularity and maintainability.
- Experience in one of more of the following:
- PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Containerisation technologies e.g. Docker
- Microservices architecture
- Stream processing technologies e.g. Kafka
- Geospatial technologies from Luciad and ESRI or other open source geospatial tools
- Graph databases e.g. Neo4j
Why join us
As a software engineer for big data Intelligence applications, you have the freedom and technical autonomy to build the technologies required to solve real world problems. You will build software that operates on unique data sets that will have a lasting impact on our nation’s long-term defence and security. Here in DSTA, you will work with modern tech stacks and grow in your technical abilities as you learn from experienced mentors in the Information Programme Centre community.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now