Cybersecurity Research Engineer
Job no: 2003636
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Internship opportunities and a meaningful career await you.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg.
We are looking for innovative engineers and developers to join our Cybersecurity Programme Centre in the following role:
- Conduct research to gain in-depth understanding of Windows, Linux, iOS, Android operating system architecture (kernel and subsystems) and how their subsystems could be exploited by malware
- Conduct analysis and reverse engineering of emerging malware defence technologies and validate their effectiveness for protecting various systems such as enterprise servers, computers, mobile devices and network communication
- Perform information security assessments through code audit, black box testing, reverse engineering, proof-of-concept simulations and malware analysis
- Develop and maintain security testing framework
- Develop new techniques and tools to enhance effectiveness of the framework
Candidates can look forward to a comprehensive training and development programme to prepare them for an exciting role in Cybersecurity Programme Centre.
- Tertiary qualification in Infocomm Security, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related fields
- High proficiency in C++, Java, C# and/or Python, data structures, algorithms and software engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of Assembly would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Windows, Android and/or Linux operating system
- Experience with cryptography, network security, application security and/or machine learning
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now