Senior Engineer / Engineer, IT Infra, InfoComm Infrastructure
Job no: 2002961
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Internship opportunities and a meaningful career await you.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg. You may also email us at email@example.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to careers.
We are looking for an individual to join us in our InfoComm Infrastructure Programme Centre where you will provide day-to-day engineering support and perform system administration to ensure high availability of systems in our IT infrastructure (i.e. end terminals, networks and data centres).
The role will require you to:
- Continuous enhancement of the IT infrastructure including upgrading networks, implementing additional compute and storage, setting up new management systems (e.g. SCOM, Solarwinds, Splunk, etc.)
- Support incident management and management of vendor who provides support to the engineering team.
- Lead as subject matters expert in the technologies for end-terminals, networks and/or data centres
- Adhere to policy compliance via asset & configuration management, accounts & access management, vulnerability & patch management, log management, and backup management
- Keep abreast of new emerging technologies, learn and support new technologies through their lifecycles
- Continuously challenging the status quo to improve operation support, streamline processes and enhance users’ experience.
- Review industry best practices, technology standards and policies. Propose and adopt changes required, implement solution and define operation support requirement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong interest or technical competency in IT infra designs and technologies/solutions
- Good understanding of the impact of IT technologies, deployment and operations/workflows on the data centre design and operations
- Good understanding of the considerations for the power and cooling configurations/designs, physical and cyber security requirements, and operations and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Past experience in IT infra design, implementation and/or operations, with relevant certifications, such as CCNA, CDCP, ITIL, CISSP, will be a plus
- Experience on managing large scale IT Infrastructure deployment and/or operations will be a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful, meticulous and observant for details
- Able to multi-task, work independently and as a team
- Thrive in a dynamic working environment
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now