Engineers / Senior Engineers / Principal Engineers, Data Centre, InfoComm Infrastructure
Job no: 2002960
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Internship opportunities and a meaningful career await you.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg. You may also email us at email@example.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to careers.
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Infocomm Infrastructure Programme Centre where you will be part of the team responsible for planning, design, implementation and operations of enterprise data centres housing mission critical systems.
The role will require you to:
- Contribute in the planning and development of data centre master-planning for MINDEF/SAF and DSTA
- Develop the design and oversee the implementation of data centres, including the conduct of tender and contract evaluation / establishment, overseeing integrated performance testing and commissioning of data centre, and migration from existing to new data centres. Where necessary, you will be required to work on-site.
- Manage the operations of data centres, including ensuring high service level achievements and compliance to security and safety regulations / policies, streamlining operations workflows, supervising and certifying the work performed by the internal and/or outsourced facility management teams and/or vendors, and identifying operation challenges and improvement opportunities
- Liaise with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure timely implementation and completion of project in line within approved requirements, schedule and budget.
- Scan and research technology landscape, identify, compare, propose and implement data centre technologies / solutions / design concepts to enhance data centre operational effectiveness and efficiency, including availability, security (physical and cyber), and sustainability (in areas such as energy, manpower, cost)
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong interest or technical competency in data centre designs and technologies/solutions
- Good understanding of the impact of IT technologies, deployment and operations/workflows on the data centre design and operations
- Good understanding of the considerations for the power and cooling configurations/designs, physical and cyber security requirements, and operations and maintenance of the data centre
- Past experience in data centre design, implementation and/or operations, with relevant certifications, such as CDCP/CDCS/CDCE/CDOM/ITIL/MOF, will be a plus
- Experience on managing large scale IT Infrastructure deployment and/or operations will be a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful, meticulous and observant for details
- Able to multi-task, work independently and as a team
- Thrive in a dynamic working environment
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now