Engineers / Senior Engineers / Principal Engineers, Cloud Networks, InfoComm Infrastructure
Job no: 2002947
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
The Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) brings you to the forefront of cybersecurity, digital transformation and engineering. From working on software development and systems integration to unmanned technologies and artificial intelligence, you can have an impact on Singapore’s defence.
Achieve your fullest potential with opportunities to build your technical expertise and hone your competencies in diverse domains. You can also expect an immersive learning experience, where you will work with bright minds and collaborate with global industry experts.
DSTA is recognised as one of the top 10 employers in the Engineering & IT sector, where our engineers and IT professionals work alongside procurement specialists to deliver state-of-the-art capabilities for Singapore’s peace and security.
Internship opportunities and a meaningful career await you.
Learn more about DSTA at https://www.dsta.gov.sg. You may also email us at email@example.com if you have any enquiries pertaining to careers.
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Infocomm Infrastructure Programme Centre where you will lead, develop, design, implement and support network infrastructure systems for enterprise cloud and data centre (DC) systems.
As an engineer working in the defence domain, you will be challenged to innovatively adapt commercial off the shelf products into solutions that meet the stringent operational needs. Through the adoption of state-of-the-art technologies and modernisation of the infrastructure, you will contribute to the strengthening of the defence of our country. The role will require you to:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Cloud/DC network and related technologies.
- Scan and research technology landscape, identify and propose new solutions to support MINDEF/SAF digital workspace
- Propose innovative solutions to unique challenges in MINDEF/SAF
- Implement network security solutions to meet MINDEF/SAF cybersecurity requirements
- Participate in the design, tender & contract evaluation, systems integration and commissioning to the management of integrated network infrastructure and Cloud solutions for MINDEF/SAF
- Implement processes to ensure operational efficiency of network systems and to sustain the operation and support for installation, maintenance, and provision of network hardware & network monitoring software
- Direct and liaise with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure timely completion and implementation of project in line with customers' requirements, schedule and budget
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Strong understanding of network technologies and solutions
- Strong technical competency in network infrastructure, cloud-based solution and microservice architecture
- Strong technical competency in IT troubleshooting for networks, servers and security areas
- Good knowledge of Information Systems security
- Good knowledge of Windows/LINUX Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange, Virtualisation Technology, Client Technology and Data Analytic
- Knowledge in Cloud Data Centre design, build and operation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful, meticulous and a team player
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Thrive in a dynamic working environment
- Candidates with CISSP, CISA, CCNA, Cloud, DevSecOps and/or Mobile Network related certification will have an advantage
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now