DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
Imagine developing the brain, heart and soul of complex systems that serve as the nerve centre to plan and monitor mission executions. If this sounds exciting to you and you are passionate about technology, we welcome you to join us on this journey!
At DSTA’s Command, Control and Communications Development (C3D) Programme Centre, we develop software systems that enable decision makers in the SAF and government agencies to execute missions successfully. We are looking for a Frontend Developer with strong technical competencies and problem-solving skills to join us. You can find more examples of the systems we develop at https://www.dsta.gov.sg/programme-centres/c3d.
What can the team offer you?
Our Team: You will join a multi-disciplinary team of developers, architects and product managers who are passionate about creating meaningful and impactful software systems. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
Career Opportunities: We work on different projects, ranging from experimentations to operational system development in different domains spanning across Air, Land, Sea and Whole-of-Government systems. You will also have the flexibility and whitespace to work on exciting side projects and hone your skillsets in different technical areas like artificial intelligence, modelling and simulation, cybersecurity and internet of things (IoT). At times, you will have the chance to share at brown bag sessions and townhalls, as well as collaborate with worldwide leading research institutes and industry commercial partners.
Professional Development: There are numerous opportunities to grow and excel professionally in your career with us. From your first day with us, your onboarding experience includes mentorship, buddy system and technical courses to build your competencies and connect with colleagues on a personal level. On top of that, we work with DSTA’s in-house Academy to curate courses taught by both industry professionals as well as in-house lecturers.
Culture: We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance and allow for autonomy in the software development process and your career.
Once here you will
- Collaborate closely with product managers, UX designers, developers and other stakeholders to deliver valuable and impactful software that combat evolving threats.
- Work in a multidisciplinary software development team to define technical requirements and architecture, scope tasks, and develop software applications geared towards usability, scale, robustness and performance.
- Design and develop user-centric interface and frontend services for one or more web, mobile and thick-client applications.
- Perform automated build and tests in our DevSecOps pipeline.
- Adopt continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery performance.
- Exchange technical knowledge and experiences with like-minded developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Candidates with more than 2 years of relevant working experience may be considered for a Senior Software Developer position.
Relevant experience and mindset
- Knowledge of REST API, Role Based Access Control, Web Sockets.
- Knowledge of web and application technologies:
- Mobile Application Platform (e.g. iOS, Android SDK etc.)
- Thick Client System (e.g. Java, C++ etc.)
- Geographic Information System (e.g. Luciad, ArcGIS)
- Good understanding of data structures, design patterns, algorithms and software design.
- Have a passion for software development and technology.
- Thrive in a team-oriented, project-based work environment.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including the ability to deliver technical concepts clearly across different audiences.
- Have a passion for innovation and learning new software architectures, frameworks, languages and technologies.
It would be a bonus if you have
- Experience in Agile (e.g. Scrum or Extreme Programming) practices and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to distill user needs and translate them to technical outcomes and documentation.
- Knowledge of front-end development build and tools.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines and code versioning tools such as Git.
- Knowledge of secure coding and cybersecurity.
If this sounds like the right environment for you to grow and thrive, then we are looking forward to getting to know you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
As DSTA is an agency under Ministry of Defence, only Singapore Citizens will be considered.