Technical Programme Manager
Job no: 2001561
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
At DSTA’s Command, Control and Communications Development (C3D) Programme Centre, we develop software systems that enable decision makers in the SAF and government agencies to execute missions successfully.
We are looking for a Programme Manager with the passion, energy and tech expertise to drive the development of the software systems. You can find more examples of the systems we develop at https://www.dsta.gov.sg/programme-centres/c3d.
What can the team offer you?
- Our Team: You will manage a multi-disciplinary team of developers, architects and UX designers who are passionate about creating meaningful and impactful software systems. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
- Career Opportunities: We work on different projects, ranging from experimentations to operational system development in different defence domains spanning across Army, Navy, Air Force and Whole-of-Government systems. You will work on challenging projects that aim to deliver systems that push the boundaries of technology to deliver the edge for our national defence.
- Professional Development: There are numerous opportunities to grow and excel professionally in your career with us. Our mentorship and buddy systems, coupled with ample in-house and external training opportunities will help you build your confidence and competencies for your professional development. You will also have ample exposure to a wide range of software technologies and tools, including cloud technologies and tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Culture: We strive to maintain a family-based community where everyone supports and looks out for each other in various aspects of work. We believe in work-life balance to achieve sustainable progress and development for the collective. We strongly believe in combining a structured project management process with empowerment and autonomy in order to achieve good outcomes.
Once here you will:
- Own and drive projects to deliver innovative technical solutions that delight end-users and make Singapore safer and more secure.
Conduct effective project planning, management and control to ensure project activities, admin and documentation are carried out in accordance with internal processes and security guidelines.
- Lead and motivate a multidisciplinary team of developers, architects and designers through project milestones, such as design reviews and acceptance tests.
- Apply appropriate project management methodologies, such as Agile practices, to ensure project success.
- Work with stakeholders to formulate project requirements and define project mission goals, tasks and quality.
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership, management and stakeholders, such as to pitch and present system concepts and visions, and update on project progress and status.
- Continuously find ways to improve existing work processes and solutions.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience as a Programme Manager in at least 1 full software development life cycle.
- Candidates with more than 5 years of relevant working experience as a Programme Manager may be considered for a Senior Programme Manager position.
Relevant experience and mindset
- Experience in managing projects involving systems thinking, software development and product-centric development.
- Experience in managing teams with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Strong stakeholder management abilities.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptualization skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, to positively influence key stakeholders and deliver technical concepts clearly across different audiences.
- Good knowledge of project management principles.
- Have a passion for innovation and emerging technologies.
It would be a bonus if you have
- Technical certifications such as PMP or CITPM.
- Agile-related certification such as Certified ScrumMaster or Product Owner.
- Experience in delivering safety-critical software systems.
If this sounds like the right environment for you to grow and thrive, then we are looking forward to getting to know you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
As DSTA is an agency under Ministry of Defence, only Singapore Citizens will be considered.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now