Senior Engineer/Engineer, Building and Infrastructure
Job no: 2001536
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Building and Infrastructure (BI) Programme Centre where you will work with multi-disciplinary teams within BI and other Programme Centres, to shape and enhance the critical edge of our defence facilities to support SAF operational needs.
You will plan, design and manage the construction of defence facilities for both conventional and protected facilities; and work on a range of mechanical, electrical, civil and structural infrastructure systems such as building services, fire safety systems, fuel storage and distribution systems, power network planning, power distribution systems, renewable energy.
This role will require you to:
- Conduct front end studies and engineering planning to develop infrastructure masterplan that support SAF’s operational requirement
- Work with relevant authorities on preliminary design and seek buy-in to ensure subsequent successful implementation of projects
- Design, integrate, develop preliminary and detailed designs for building and infrastructure works
- Prepare technical specifications, tender documents to support tender and contracting
- Manage projects including design review, value engineering and progress review to ensure that the performance, cost and schedule of projects are met
- Conduct technology horizon scanning, technical assessment for potential project insertion that promote sustainability, construction productivity and safety
- Tertiary qualification in Architecture, Civil and Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and engineering software such as Autodesk Revit, MS Project
- Keen interest in programming and digital skills e.g. Data analytics
- Good team player with good analytical and communication skills
- Dynamic, Passionate and self-motivated
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now