Senior Engineer (Platform Systems Integration), Naval Systems
Job no: 2001418
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
We are looking for an individual to join our Naval Systems Programme centre.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for the technical tasks related to the assigned scope in the project. This includes engineering analysis, assessment of supplier-proposed solutions, making informed recommendations to the Programme Manager and users, participation in field acceptance tests of systems. The job is mostly office or work-from-home based, but depending on the phase of the project, may require on site presence at factories, shipyards and naval bases.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Market survey of potential solutions
- Assessment and recommendations of suitable solutions
- Preparation of tender specifications
- Evaluation and clarifications with suppliers
- Leading design discussions and decisions
- Rigorously testing systems before acceptance
- Supporting the Programme Manager on communications with the users
- Working with the Programme Manager and project team to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and meets performance requirements
- 4 to 6 years of relevant working experience in Marine sector doing Naval Architecture related work
- Innovative and willingness to learn new skills and expand into exciting new tech domains
- Dynamic personality with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with good analytical and problem-solving skills
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now