DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
We seek driven individuals to join the Land Systems Programme Centre where you will play a crucial role in actively innovating, developing and operationalising game changing technologies and capabilities for both defence and whole of Government applications.
Robotics, Autonomous Systems, and Soldier Enhancements
· Advanced robotic and unmanned systems with autonomous decision making, task execution and teaming capabilities; or
· Biomechanical, physiological and wearable-based enhancements to improve soldier physical performance.
Through personalised training and mentorship programmes, you will be exposed to a broad spectrum of expertise, ranging from technical competencies such as systems integration, robotics and human-factors engineering, to business competencies in project management and design thinking. This will equip you with the know-how and technology instinct to harness technologies to deliver novel robotics capabilities and/or technologies to enhance soldier performance. In this exciting portfolio, you will also have opportunities to collaborate and co-develop technologies with leading organisations, companies and research institutions from both Singapore and across the world.
· Tertiary qualification in Robotics or Systems Automation Engineering, or Engineering-related fields (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, etc.), or Computer Science.
· Dynamic personality with good interpersonal skills, self-driven with a can-do spirit, willingness to learn new skills and expand into exciting new tech domains.
· Experience and proficiency in the following are desired but not mandatory:
> Robotics, automation, systems integration; or
> Programming (e.g. Android Programming, Python, C/C++, Java); or
> Modelling and simulation tools such as Unity and SolidWorks; or
> Information Systems and Internet of Things; or
> Computers and Electronics