Quantity Surveyor, Building and Infrastructure
Job no: 2000824
Work type: Permanent
Location: DSTA Singapore
At DSTA, we develop leading-edge technological and engineering solutions for the defence and security of our nation. Look forward to comprehensive professional and personal development programmes, and grow in a collaborative and dynamics environment. Join us in the engineering, IT or the corporate domains to make an impact on the defence and security of the nation!
We are looking for an individual to join us in our Building and Infrastructure (BI) Programme Centre where you will work with multi-disciplinary teams in DSTA, to shape and enhance the critical edge of our defence facilities to support SAF operational needs.
You will support the planning, design, tender and contract management of the construction of defence facilities.
This role will require you to :
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost estimate for infrastructure that meet SAF’s operational requirement
- Provide value engineering advice to obtain optimal solutions that are cost-effective
- Prepare tender documents, evaluate tender offers, manage contracts and prepare final accounts
- Provide contractual advice according to the conditions of contract, and prevailing Statutory Acts and Regulations governing the built environment to effectively manage contractual disputes
- Provide cost analysis and trending of construction costs based on global and local economic outlook to establish cost benchmarks
- Keep abreast of trends in Building Information Modelling (BIM) and other industry-wide procurement and productivity initiatives
- Review and propose improvements of current processes to strengthen governance in procurement and administration of contracts
- Tertiary qualification in Building, Project and Facilities Management, Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Good knowledge of the Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contract, Contract Law, Construction Law and the Security of Payment Act
- Proficient in cost estimation, tender preparation, evaluation and contract administration of construction projects
- Familiar with Building Information Modelling (BIM) or other electronic measurement software to facilitate cost estimation. Interest in data analytics software would be an added advantage
- Dynamic, self-motivated with good analytical skills
- Pro-active team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Applicants without working experience are also welcome to apply.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now